Friday, July 15, 2011

Night and Day by Robert B. Parker

Night and Day (Jesse Stone, #8)Night and Day by Robert B. Parker

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I always enjoy Robert B. Parker's Jesse Stone novels. As an analyst by nature, I enjoy trying to figure out what makes Chief Stone tick. I stop reading from time to time to dissect with my inner consultant the contrasts so evident in Stone's personality. Is it believable that he can be so genuinely loving and caring in some ways while being so callous and remote in others? Can a person who understands his addiction stay addicted in such a controlled manner? I grieved when Robert B. Parker died last year because his police procedurals are so entertaining and his continuing characters seem like old friends to me. I was glad to discover that this novel and one more, Split Image, were written in his last months. So I have one more RBP novel left to read, and I understand that it is another Jesse Stone story.



View all my reviews

No comments: